Northamptonshire Volunteer Coaching Academy
25th, 26th, 27th August
or 16th, 23rd Sept, 7th, 14th October
Northamptonshire Sport and Northampton Town Football in the Community have joined together to offer funded Department of Education places for 18-25 year olds on a new online training programme. Designed to support young adults who are interested in becoming coaches, activators through a range of important topic areas.
The sessions will cover a multi-sport/ activity approach so open to all potential new coaches, activators.
Course learning outcomes:
· Be able to identify the roles and responsibilities of a volunteer sports coach
· Understand the principles of coaching required to support the delivery of a sport-based session
· Develop the skills and understand the qualities you need to support a session in a volunteering role (Confidence, Speaking to groups, Presenting, Safeguarding)
· Identify and understand how the volunteering skills gained can support with future employment
· Mental Health First Aid in SportOnce completed the coaches, volunteers will come together to learn some practical coaching techniques to support face to face delivery of session back in their community.
See if you may be eligible for financial support to get a coaching badge here: https://www.northamptonshiresport.org/fundingfinder/1119