In light of the government announcements the General Committee have taken a decision to a phased approach to re-starting sports. As a Committee we are aware that this decision may have a negative impact on all of our wellbeing which of course is a concern and with that in mind a small group of us have pulled together some ideas to assist.
– Try to keep active – Try to reach out to someone if you are struggling
– Listen to music/podcasts and keep connected
– Treat yourself
– Stay connected to friends/teammates
– Eat healthy
Suggestions for coaches and team managers to keep team spirit and morale up.
– Zoom calls for quizzes, silly games or training.
– Agree all to watch a live sport game and discuss afterwards online.
– Set challenges for players. Let us see how good our Towcestrians skills are! The Great Towcestrians bake off anyone?
Local Mental Health support for adults can be accessed 24hrs per day seven days a week on 08004480828
– https://www.nhft.nhs.uk/CAMHSLIVE-Have an online live chat system for young people in Northamptonshire with resources for young people and adults.
– Shout (85258) – Text this number for a free 24/7 helpline. Offering advice and support for anyone struggling with their mental health.
– Young Minds (0808 802 5544) – Advice and support for parents with children struggling with their mental health.
– Childline (0800 1111) – For children and young people to access support and advice about their mental health
– Mind – For information and signposting about mental health and wellbeing.
– NHS Every Mind Matters – The NHS official website for information, support and signposting. Also features a handy quiz for creating your own healthy mind plan!