Following Government and England Hockey regulations and guidelines, we will be making a series of announcements on how we plan to get Towcester Hockey Club back on the pitch and ready for next season. So please keep an eye on our Facebook page, website and team What’sApp groups for news.
This first announcement is about resumption of SENIOR TRAINING in July and August and the procedures we will be putting in place to ensure everyone is safe and social distancing laws are followed. Under 13s who will be entering year 8 in September are welcome to attend these sessions. Full junior training for all other age groups will resume in September.
Dates – Thursdays in July and August, starting Thursday 16th July.
Time – 7.00-8.00pm
Venue – Northampton High SchoolCost – £3.00
1. Training will be in groups of up to 6, maintaining the 2 meter distance rule unless members of the same household. At least 2 of our coaches – Tristan, Sammy, Paul and Ella will be organising drills that meet social distancing requirements.
2. The Pavilion and toilets will be closed.
3. You should arrive no more than 5 minutes before the start time and leave immediately the session has finished. Parents dropping off and collecting MUST be able to do this otherwise you will not be able to attend the session.
4. On arrival players will queue at 2 meter intervals to enter the pitch. You will be signed in, £3.00 training fee collected, and required to use hand sanitiser which will be provided. The register is so there can be contact tracing in the case of suspected or confirmed Covid 19 infection.
5. On entering the pitch you should not touch anything other than your own equipment. Balls should only be touched by sticks or kicked.
6. Please bring a dark and a light coloured shirt so you can be split into playing groups without the need for bibs.
7. In the case of injuries requiring medical attention the first aid kit will be supplied with sterile gloves, apron, and masks which both the injured player and the person attending must wear.
8. Committee members will be monitoring each session to ensure these rules are adhered to. Anyone failing to observe them will have to leave the training session.
In order to manage numbers at each session we need to have the best possible idea of how many people are going to attend. We will be posting a doodle booking form over the next few days and we are asking you to indicate the sessions you are likely to attend. If you turn up without having ‘booked’ you will not be able to join in and will have to leave immediately. If you can’t attend having said you would please let the coach know via What’sApp or other means.
As always, Summer/pre season training is not compulsory and if anyone is uneasy about attending, shares a house with a vulnerable person or is simply unavailable any week, that is absolutely fine.
I hope you understand this somewhat lengthy list of rules is in line with the current situation and we will adapt as and when new announcements are made by the Government and England Hockey.
We look forward to seeing you on 16th July!