Northampton High School Fire/Emergency Procedure: External Parties and Visitors
Everyone must familiarise themselves with:
- The location(s) of the fire call point
- The fire evacuation route from this area to the Assembly Point (netball courts behind the sports centre)
- The location of the telephone closest to the area they have hired/are using
Anyone discovering a fire should:
- Sound the alarm using the nearest call point
- Commence evacuation procedures
- Close doors as you leave the area you have hired
- If it is quick and safe to do so close windows
- Lead your club/class along the exit route to the school Assembly Point in silence
- Pool users should vacate the pool and changing rooms and remain within the poolside/hall (thermal blankets available situated near pool hall fire exit) unless instructed otherwise by the Duty Site Supervisor. The duty site supervisor will inform pool users at the first opportunity whether to stay or evacuate the building.
- Anyone on the pool viewing gallery should evacuate the building and report to the Assembly Point as normal.
- Report to the person on duty that everyone in your club/class is accounted for
- Check own areas including changing rooms and toilets.
- External Hirer must inform club/group members and associates of the club ie, visitors, parents, siblings of the fire procedures ensuring they are familiar with the location of the Assembly Point..
- Stop to collect belongings
- Use any lifts
- Overtake or run
- Make unnecessary noise
- Move from the Assembly Point unless instructed by the Duty Site Supervisor
- Re-occupy the building until told to do so by the duty Site Supervisor
In the event of a power failure emergency lighting will come on but the premises must be evacuated immediately.
NO ONE IS TO RE-ENTER THE BUILDING UNTIL
IT IS DECLARED SAFE TO DO SO BY THE FIRE SERVICE